It may seem like a terrible idea to try to sell your home during the holiday season — but actually it’s not. While selling a home can be somewhat stressful and the holidays are super-busy for most people, there are also some major advantages to selling at this time of year: your home probably looks wonderfully inviting and cozy, with pretty decorations; lots of other people are waiting until after the holidays to put their homes on the market, thus reducing competition; and people shopping for a home during the holidays are usually very motivated and will close quickly at or near your asking price.
So now that you’ve decided it’s a great time to put your house on the market, here are a few tips to help you attract buyers and close quickly.
- Create a cozy atmosphere. Especially if you’re in a cold-weather area, you will benefit from making your house warm and inviting. There are fewer hours of daylight now so make sure the rooms are well lit, and light the fireplace for added coziness.
2. Pay attention to all five senses. Play soft classical music; put out some delicious and delicious-smelling treats with holiday napkins; scatter soft and snuggly blankets that will make prospective buyers want to hang around. The longer they stay, the more they’ll envision themselves living in your home.
3. Decorate wisely. Usually when selling a home you’ll strip it down to the bare essentials and pack up personal items to make it easier for prospective buyers to envision their own belongings in the home. At holiday time, that conventional wisdom can go out the window. Make sure your visual presentation is festive, but don’t overdo it. Also, you’ll need to keep things more neutral and decorate on a seasonal theme, rather than being holiday-specific. Think snow scenes and pine boughs rather than Santas and menorahs.
4. Know your market. In general, people who are homeshopping during the holidays are very motivated to buy. Some people need to close before the end of the year for tax reasons; some are looking for a bargain; some are forced to move. Many people will be relocating in January to start new jobs, such as military families or college professors. Your real estate agent will help you target the right kind of buyers.
Putting your home on the market during the holidays can mean ignoring all the conventional ideas about preparing your home for sale. But you’ve got a different kind of buyer at this time of year, and you’ll want to make sure you target them with features that will make your home irresistible.
Rely on your experienced and knowledgeable real estate agent to guide you through the season and help keep the holiday stress-free. And just think: Selling your home quickly at a great price is a wonderful holiday gift!
Silver Lake District
Thursday November 20th, 2014
First Stop will be at Jim Molloy’s
19 Circuit Street in Halifax
Between 9:15 and 9:45
We will leave Circuit Street for the rest of the tour at 9:45 +/-
- 56 Aldana Road in Halifax shown by Kim Zanellato of Jack Conway
- Next 66 Forest Street in Plympton with Dave Bugbee of Bugbee Properties
- 18 Annasnappitt Drive in Plympton with Den Forbes of CBRB
- 3 Spring Street in Plympton with Den Forbes of CBRB (I okayed with short tour)
- (*fyi one more spot left)
- 105 Partingsway Road in Kingston with Ben and Kate of Keller Williams
- Last Stop will be #6 Shore Drive in Kingston with Donna Wood of MacDonald&Wood Sotheby’s International
A short tour before the Thanksgiving week ahead will definitely be worth it
Some smaller tours give us a lot more critical feedback that really helps us move to the pending stages
I hope that for all of you!
Amy L. Troup Greeley
MRG in Marshfield
Share this on Facebook to Promote this tour and get more eXposure!!!!!!!!!!!
We are eXposure Touring on Thursday November the 20th
Where: Silver Lake District Starting at the first house on tour which will be Hosted with coffee and snacks
between 9:15 and 9:45
we will meet and network
then leave for the other homes at 9:45 (tour should be over by 1pm the latest)
we have 8 slots left on the tour
one listing per attending Realtor please! Realtors with listings should plan to be on the WHOLE Tour
are you interested in exposing your listing on the tour?
email me your name, office and listing Mls# and address
to be put on this well attended eXposure tour!!!
First 8 listings will be on the tour!! so don’t wait!!
Amy L. Troup Greeley
the barn is 75×50 with a 75 x 30 overhang.
it is heated, insulated 2 storys high ++
with a full bath
Ask me for the equipment list of nearly 30 machines…..not to mention so much more!
Are these homes energy efficient and “green”?
Our homes’ energy efficiency performs significantly better than conventionally framed homes. You will use less energy to heat and cool your home, which reduces your monthly bills and decreases the home’s environmental impact. In addition, the timbers used in our framing come from a family-owned forest and mill that has been successfully managed for generations. Our high-quality homes are designed to last far longer than the average home, which also decreases the home’s environmental footprint. Most designs can be Energy Star and/or LEED certified. Due to our factory-optimized production, there are very few wasted materials during the entire construction process. Habitat’s durable and environmentally sound building materials, along with your choice of sustainable interior finish materials, minimize your home’s environmental impact.
is November 20th on a Thursday
in the Silver Lake District Towns
send me your requests starting today!
eXposure tour on Thursday November the 6th, 2014
Starting between 9:15 and 9:45 a.m.
At….Patti Nemes of Century 21 Tassinari & Associates new listing in Halifax
*201 Elm Street in Halifax MA*
The Mortgage Brothers, Jim and John Harrington of First Eastern Mortgage
Are hosting a little bit of java, breakfast snacks and mortgage news!!!!!!!!!!
We will leave at 9:45 a.m. for
237 Plymouth St , Halifax, MA with Kim Zanellato of Jack Conway in Duxbury
Then head to 670 Pleasant Street in Hanson with Paul Jackson of Tarantino and Associates
Next to 118 Priscilla Drive in Pembroke with Success Real Estates’ Carolyn Flaherty
Over to Plymouth Street in Pembroke for #383 with Boston Connects’ Jackie Tinkham
To the Ridge for two homes
Kris Wolf will show us #19 Ridge Ave in Pembroke
And Alice Mallen of Success will show us #50 Ridge Avenue in Pembroke
Up to 489 Spring Street in Hanson with Richard Green of Jack Conway in Hanson
Back down to High Street in Hanson #624 with Marie Green
And Finally Jonathan Ashbridge of Century 21 Abigail Adams will show us
38 Phillips Street in Hanson
Please invite colleagues of your offices and others for the BEST eXposure you can get for your listing
It’s a great networking tour to see the market and what it has to offer
Learn cutting edge mortgage news
See you Thursday the 6th of November 1, 2014
Amy L. Troup-Greeley
and Like it and Share it on Facebook!
<blockquoteclass=”twitter-tweet” lang=”en”><p><a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/LeafPeepingUK?src=hash”>#LeafPeepingUK</a> come here to <a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/AutumnWinter2014?src=hash”>#AutumnWinter2014</a> here in <a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/NewEnglands?src=hash”>#NewEnglands</a> Experience our <a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/Watercolor?src=hash”>#Watercolor</a> <a href=”http://t.co/FYMu2eEK7m”>pic.twitter.com/FYMu2eEK7m</a></p>— A.L.T. (@DreamsComeTroup) <a href=”https://twitter.com/DreamsComeTroup/status/524195032157671424″>October 20, 2014</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>